Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

All About The Details

| Right | December 25, 2015

(I work in a call center for a company that offers protections plans online. A lot of customers buy plans for Christmas presents this time of year, and will call us to have the plan transferred from them to the person they’re gifting the item and plan to. This happens during a transfer call.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Team]. My name is [My Name]! How can I help you today?”

Caller: “Hi, I bought a plan online a few days ago and I wanted it to be switched to my son and his wife, but it’s a Christmas present so I don’t want them to get anything before then.”

Me: “Sure thing! I’ll be glad to help you with that. Just before we get into it though, do you have their name, address, phone number, and email address? I’ll need all of that to transfer the plan.”

Caller: “Did you hear what I said? I don’t want them to get anything.”

Me: “No, I understand. I just want to make sure we’re not wasting your time by getting halfway through the transfer, realize we don’t have all we need, and have to tell you to call back later.”

Caller: “Oh, uh, sure. All right.”

Me: “Great! So which name would you like us to use?”

Caller: “Uh, [Wife’s First Name]… Never mind, I don’t know her last name. [Son’s Full Name].”

Me: “Thanks! And what’s his phone number?”

Caller: “Well, they moved so I don’t have their address. I’ll have to go downstairs to get it.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!