Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Aisle Be There… Maybe

, , , | Related | May 5, 2019

(When I get engaged, my fiancé and I decide to hold our ceremony in Canada, where he lives. My family knows about the ceremony being in Canada for a couple of months, and my father is reminded that he needs to get his ID enhanced in order to attend multiple times. This is also around the time where the airports are getting ready to require enhanced ID in order to fly, something Dad does all the time, so he needs to get it enhanced soon, anyway. It finally gets to the point where my mom, grandmother, and I, while on the phone with him, agree we have to start nagging him to get it done because time is running out. He eventually gets the paperwork in.)

Father: “I’m not happy with the state right now. They told me it would be two or three weeks before my enhanced ID came in, and that was a week and a half ago. I’m going to try to overnight my passport later this week, but I’m scared I won’t be able to make it to your wedding.”

(Shortly after that:)

Father: “So, am I walking you down the aisle?”

Me: “I don’t know yet; I haven’t figured that out yet.”

Me: *internally* “I don’t know. Are you going to be there?”

Father: “Well, you’d better figure it out soon; you’re running out of time.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!