Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Aisle Be There For You

| Right | June 27, 2013

(My friend and I are grocery shopping. We have brought a shopping-list, but we still miss a couple of things.)

Friend: “Oh, darn! I forgot to get orange juice! You just wait here. Don’t move; I’ll be right back.”

(She hurries back to the refrigerated section. I wait for a while, and realize that she has left me at a bit of a bottleneck, blocking traffic. I know she’s going to take a while to chose an OJ, so I decide to go and get one of the other things we are missing. I head down the aisles, looking at the labels for trash bags. There’s an employee standing at the end of an aisle.)

Employee: “Hi, are you finding everything?”

Me: “I’m looking for trash bags. Where will I find those?”

Employee: “Oh, yeah, it’s right at the end of this aisle on the left.”

Me: “Thanks!”

Employee: “Is there anything else I can help you with?”

Me: “Actually, yes. So I’m helping my friend shop, and she told me to wait over there, but I’m going to get trash bags. In a little bit, she’s going to come around the corner and look lost, then annoyed, and then start searching aisles. Could you tell her where I went?”

Employee: “Uh… Yeah, sure.”

(A little bit later, my friend appears next to me with a look of confusion on her face.)

Me: “You found me!”

Friend: “Yeah… How did the employee know I was looking for you?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!