Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Aisle Be Leaving Now

, , , | Right | February 11, 2020

(I work in the backroom for a large retail store. Sometimes I have to go to the sales floor to pick up items for online orders, and during those times, I get stopped by customers who have questions. Of course, I have no issue with helping them, but they often don’t realize I know a lot less than the actual sales floor representatives. The lady turns a corner and sees me.)

Customer: “Do you hear?”

Me: *doesn’t know how to answer*

Customer: “Do you hear? Can you speak English?”

Me: “Yes?”

Customer: “I need to find tapered candles. The long ones? I’ve been looking everywhere and I can’t find them.”

Me: “They’re in the aisle across from here.” *gestures directly at aisle*

Customer: “But where? Where are you taking me? I feel like I’m in some kind of space zone.”

Me: “Let me look up the exact aisle for you, okay?”

Customer: “You should know where they are! You work here, don’t you?!”

Me: “I work in the backroom.”

Customer: “Well, that’s no excuse!” *pause* “I need to speak to a manager. You have a manager, right? Where’s your radio?”

Me: “I don’t have a radio.”

(We are always out of radios.)

Customer: “OF COURSE, YOU DON’T.” *walks away, then starts to turn in my direction again*

Me: *raises voice so she can hear me* “They’re in Aisle B31.”

Customer: *storms over* “You can’t talk to me that way. I’m the customer! That’s rude!

Me: “I’m not trying to be rude; you were walking away so—”

Customer: *gets two inches from my face* “SHHH… [MY NAME].”

(The lady walks over and stands in front of B31.)

Customer: “WHERE ARE THEY?!”

Me: “They’re right there.” *they are literally in front of her*

Customer: “YES, BUT WHERE ARE THEY?!” *storms off again*

Me: *picks up the first set of candles I see* “There are some white ones if you want them!”

Customer: “NO. I’M DONE.” *leaves the store*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!