Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Only Getting Started

, , | Right | July 6, 2016

(I work in a buyout store, where the company buys things for cheap, and sells them cheap. Because of this, we get people who are pretty stingy with their money trying to spend as little as possible. A customer comes up to my register with a pretty full cart.)

Me: “Hello, did you find everything okay?”

Customer: “Yes, I did.”

(The customer then begins quietly saying something about a man coming to visit his seven-year-old daughter. I was thinking maybe it was her son she is talking about, so I just continue ringing up her items.)

Customer: “I’m only getting one thing for myself; the rest is for someone else.”

(The thing she was talking about for herself is a small box of the K-cups for a Keurig, which is only 2.99. The rest of the stuff are pots, pans, some books for a little girl, etc.)

Me: “Okay, your total today comes to $144.54.”

Customer: *as she hands me the money* “I’m not sure where to send this to, or who to give it to.”

Me: “Wait a second, you don’t know this guy?”

Customer: “No, some guy I saw online is coming home to see his seven-year-old daughter, and he doesn’t have anything, so I’m getting him something to start off, and I am not sure who, or where to give all this stuff to.”

Me: *shocked, but my heart was also swelling with happiness* “Wow, there’s not many people who are willing to spend that much on someone they don’t even know. Bless your heart, and I hope you have a wonderful day, and good luck finding the guy!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!