Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Aisle Always Need Directions, Part 2

, , , , | Right | May 25, 2012

(Our store credit card has recently changed banks it affiliates with, so everyone with our store credit card was given notice on every bill for a few months before they received their new cards.)

Customer: “Yeah, I got a new credit card in the mail.” *tosses his card on the counter*

Me: “Yes, we changed banks. If you had a balance on your previous card, it will just have transferred over to this one.”

Customer: “But it has a company name on it and we don’t own this company anymore.”

Me: “Oh, so you want to change the information that’s on the card?”

Customer: “I don’t know, you tell me.”

Me: “Um, well, I don’t know. I can’t really tell you what to do with your card–”

Customer: “But we don’t own this business anymore!”

Me: “So, do you want to call the credit card company and get them to change it to a personal account?”

Customer: “I don’t know! Why aren’t you telling me what to do?!”

Me: “I’m not really sure what you want me to tell you.”

Coworker: *stepping in after overhearing* “You have to go home and think about what you want. Then when you make up your mind, call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and tell them what you want to do with your card.”

Customer: “Okay!” *leaves happy*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!