Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ah, To Be Threatened By Joe Citizen

, , , , , | Right | February 13, 2023

I work as an Office Manager Jack Of All Trades at the local fire department. It’s not uncommon to get odd requests from busybodies and town gossips looking for information on fire and ambulance runs.

This particular morning was a doozy for these types of calls, and then this one came in.

Me: “Fire Department. How may I direct your call?”

Caller: “I need to know how it started.”

Me: “Can you please give me some more information?”

Caller: “The fire from a few months back; I need to know how it started.”

Me: “Normally, our Fire Marshal handles these requests. I will forward you to his number. But first, are you the property owner or resident, or with a lawyer or insurance company?”

Caller: “I’m just a citizen of this county, and I need to know what started the fire to win a bet. If you don’t give me the cause, I will have you fired. I’m your boss since I pay for your salary.”

Sure, buddy, you’re my boss since you live in the county and I work for the city. It doesn’t work that way.

I forwarded his call to our Fire Marshal and hoped the caller didn’t leave a message.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!