Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Age Is Just A Number But Yours Is Bigger

, , , , , | Related | December 19, 2018

(As I’ve aged, my mother, annoyingly, likes to announce how old I am, basically teasing me about aging. She does it quite a lot in front of friends who are younger than me, and always with a childish head nod as if she’s telling tales. Ordinarily, I don’t care about my age and most of my friends know it but it gets on my nerves. After one time when she keeps announcing it:)

Me: “Have you ever considered that I might not want people to know my age?”

Mum: *smugly* “No.”

(One day we are out with a large group of our friends. She starts up on what my age is going to be next birthday. I see our friends cringing for me as they try to ignore her, but she keeps going on, and I’ve had enough.)

Me: “You know what I’d be more worried about if I was you?”

Mum: *smugly* “What would be more worrying than being [age]?”

Me: “Being old enough to have a daughter my age. Oh, that’s right! You!”

(A few friends hid their sniggers by coughing, and that was the last time Mum teased me about my age.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!