Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

After Weighing And Measuring Your Complaint, We Deem It Unworthy

, , , | Right | December 9, 2020

I have just gotten in on my shift at 11:00 am, and the manager in charge sends me to a customer who’s just looking at the menus rather intently. I go to help him and see that he is looking at the fine print on the menus.

Me: “Can I help you?”

Customer: “Tell me where it says that the drinks are $.99 before 10:00 am.”

It clearly states, “$.99 morning drink stop.” I can’t convey that clearly. Also, there are banners saying we have half-priced drinks all day when ordered through the app, and we tell customers that if not ordered through the app, drinks are half-priced from two to four pm.

Customer: “This is false advertising. I am going to call the state weights and measures department about this.”

Me: “Okay, go ahead.”

I knew that they wouldn’t be able to help him as the weights and measures department doesn’t handle false advertising; they are in charge of uniformity of weights and measures laws, regulations, and standards. The people he needed to call were the Federal Trade Commission.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!