Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

After Happy Feet Come Happy Eyes

, , , , | Right | February 28, 2020

It is Black Friday, around 6:00 pm, and most of the merchandise that was in the big sale has been gone since about 7:00 in the morning. I have been straightening the store. A male customer in his forties approaches me.

Customer:
“Can you tell me where [products in the ad] are?”

Me:
“I am sorry but I believe all of these have been gone since this morning. It was a very popular item.”

Customer:
“Well, I was really hoping you had some left. Can you show me where they were so I can make sure they are all gone?”

Me:
“Of course. I believe they were in the men’s department.”

Customer:
*Very awkwardly* “Can I tell you something? Your blue eyes are cuter than a baby penguin in Antarctica.”

Me:
“Um… Thanks.”

I call for a coworker who is working in the men’s area who has overheard the exchange.

Me:
“This is [Coworker]; he works in the men’s department and can show you where they were.”

After showing the customer that we are, indeed, out of the particular product, he comes back.

Coworker:
“Did that guy just say your eyes were cuter than a baby penguin in Antarctica?”

Me:
“Yep, weirdest compliment I have ever received.”


This story is part of our Black Friday 2023 roundup!

Read the next Black Friday 2023 roundup story!

Read the Black Friday 2023 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!