Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Adopting A Helpful Attitude

, , , , , | Hopeless | May 18, 2018

(I’m on my final errand with my three-month-old when I notice that they are having a pet adoption next door. I realize that my daughter has never seen a dog, and I want to see how she’ll react, as I do plan on getting her one once our current issue of having too many cats is resolved. I go in and stand in the back with my daughter, pointing out the puppies, which are blocked by people.)

Random Person: “They are cute, aren’t they?”

Me: “Yes, but we can’t get one because we have too many cats. I just wanted to see how she’d react. Oh, look, a little kitten!”

(My daughter is looking curiously at all the people, and doesn’t seem to notice the dogs at all.)

Me: “I’m not planning on getting rid of the cats; it’s just we do have a senior cat household, so I’m hoping to get a puppy once the number reduces.”

Random Person: “I can get a smaller one and bring it to you.”

Me: *realizing she’s one of the people running the adoption* “Oh, thank you!”

(The lady went right to the cage with the puppy I’d been eyeing and brought her to us. My daughter gave a great big smile and even tried to giggle. To the worker: thank you for taking the time to show us the puppy even though you knew that we weren’t going to adopt. I plan on finding out what your organization is so that I can adopt from you when we do have less cats. I went home and told my husband that the baby wanted a puppy, but he still said no.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!