Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Admirably Managed The Situation

, , , | Right | November 3, 2017

(I worked a brief but rewarding stint at a home improvement store where employees are required to wear bright orange aprons. I haven’t worked there in about four months when this happens to a friend and me while shopping at one of the store’s other locations. I am not wearing anything orange. I am explaining a couple of home repair things to my friend, and also noting what departments we might look in to find the items. Two ladies and a gentleman approach me.)

Lady #1: “Excuse me; I’m sorry to bother. When you’re done helping this person…” *points to friend* “…I was wondering if you could answer a question for me?”

Me: *looks at my friend, who nods to let me help* “Ask away.”

Lady #1: “We’re looking for an RV electrical box… or maybe plug… plug head.”

Me: “Sure, right this way.” *takes them down the aisle of plugs* “I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but these would all be the RV plugs, extension cords, etc. If this isn’t it, I can find someone from electrical to help.”

Gentleman: “Thank you so much for you for your help. We can see why you’re a manager.”

Me: “Actually, I don’t work here. I used to work at another location, but seeing as most of the other employees are busy, I thought I’d just lend a helping hand.”

Gentleman: “Really? We’re so sorry; you just looked in-charge and were really knowledgeable.”

Me: “No problem. Thanks for the compliment.”

(The kicker is that the reason I left the store was because I was doing manager-type work, and receiving hourly wages, so much so that one of my managers encouraged me to leave for something better.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!