Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Addressing The Underlying Problem

| Right | August 20, 2015

(I have a customer who is trying to return an opened package of undergarments. Like the vast majority of retailers, for hygienic reasons, we have a final-sale policy on all underwear. I explain this to the customer.)

Customer: “I didn’t know that it was going to be final sale!”

Me: “That’s our return policy, ma’am. All underwear is final sale, no refunds, returns, or exchanges.”

Customer: “I’ve never heard or seen that policy anywhere!”

Me: “Ma’am, we have our policy written on this large sign right above my register, and it’s even printed on your receipt. You were given ample opportunity to read our policy.”

Customer: “Well, WHY would I WANT to read it?!”

(While I know that customers not reading signs is nothing new, this was my first time seeing someone show so much indignation over it. I found this to be incredibly annoying.)

Me: “Because you’re a very intelligent lady who makes informed decisions!”

(The customer took her underwear and quietly left my store.)


This story is part of the Underwear roundup!

Read the next Underwear roundup story!

Read the Underwear roundup! 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!