Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Acting Rashly Can Leave You Pooped

, , , , | Right | November 1, 2010

(I’m working as a technical support agent for a satellite TV company. I get a call where I hear a baby screaming in the background.)

Me: “Thank you for calling Technical Support. How are you doing this evening?”

Customer: “Hello? Yes? I need to speak to someone in the technical department.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, this is the technical department. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Hi, I’m babysitting for a woman, and she has a one-year-old. I’ve never actually babysat a baby before, and I can’t figure out how to get the diaper off so I can change him! These things have some sort of electronic lock or something on the right so the baby can’t take them off?”

Me: “Ma’am, this is customer support for satellite television, not a child care line.”

Customer: “But you are a technical guy, right?! You should be able to help me out! Is there somewhere I can put a code in or something? Come on!”

Me: “Ma’am, again, I apologize, but this is a technical support line for satellite television. I really can’t help you.”

Customer: “Please, I’m begging you! I want to get paid for this job! If I don’t change his diaper and he gets a rash or something, I’m going to be in big trouble!”

Me: “Have you tried peeling back the two little tapes on the front of the diaper?”

(I hear the customer pause for a second, and then I hear the telltale ripping noise of the diaper tapes being peeled away.)

Customer: “Wow! You’re a genius! It came right off! Did you press a little button or something on your end?”


This story is part of our Hilarious Wrong Number roundup!

Read the next Hilarious Wrong Number roundup story!

Read the Hilarious Wrong Number roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!