Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Acting Like A Print-cess

| Right | April 9, 2013

(A customer comes in pulling a suitcase on wheels.)

Customer: “My daughter told me that if I bring in my old computer and my printer, I can trade my computer for an iPad, and you’ll set it up with my printer.”

Me: “Well, we don’t do trade-ins here, but I can show you how to get the paperwork started online.”

Customer: “No, no, no, never mind. Just let me buy the iPad, and set up this f****** printer.”

Me: “Alright, so, just to let you know, we don’t sell this printer here. None of us are going to be trained on it, but I’ll be happy to take a look, and see if we can get it up and running for you.”

Customer: “No! F*** that, I have lost my patience! I am a member of Mensa! Get me someone intelligent to talk to!”

Me: “I can get you someone else, but I can tell you, no one else is going to be trained on that printer either. Like I said, I can definitely give it a shot; we may be able to figure it out.”

Customer: “My daughter is an engineer. She told me you would take this piece of s*** laptop, and help me set the printer up.”

Me: “And I’m definitely going to do my best to set up the printer, but we don’t have the proper equipment here to recycle your old machine; I’m sorry.”

(The customer finally agrees. After half an hour, we have the printer up and running with her new iPad. She calms considerably. As she is leaving, she is on the phone to her daughter.)

Customer: “They got my printer working! And I only used the f-word once!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!