Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Act Blustery, Get Flustered

, , , | Right | September 17, 2009

(I’m 15 and work at the hospital gift shop. An RN comes to my register with three sets of wind chimes.)

Me: “Will that be all for you today, ma’am?”

Customer: “Yes, thank you.”

Me: “Okay, your total is $50 even.”

Customer: “You didn’t give me my discount.”

Me: “I’m terribly sorry, ma’am; I’m new at this. Let me just void this transaction and start over.”

Customer: “Fine!”

(For some reason, the cash register, which is older than my 15-year-old-self, won’t allow me to void the transaction. I keep trying for around a minute.)

Customer: “What the h*** is taking so long?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. I’m having some trouble with the register.”

Customer: “Well, hurry it up, will you? I have a patient I need to get back to!”

(The line behind her is getting large and I’m getting very close to tears. Suddenly, another customer chimes in.)

Customer Behind Her: “If you’ve got a patient, what the h*** are you doing buying wind chimes?”

Customer: *gets flustered and leaves, leaving both her wind chimes and credit card behind*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!