Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Accept Your (Parking) Lot In Life

| Friendly | September 15, 2015

(In high school, I participate in the JROTC program. During football season, we are used as parking lot guides. We are always instructed to fill up certain areas first before using overflow areas. Unfortunately, not everyone is always so accommodating.)

Me: *waves incoming car to go to directed parking lot*

Driver: *ignores me, slams on accelerator, narrowly avoids hitting me, to go park in overflow area*

Me: *following car to talk to people* “Sir? You can’t park there. You need to park further down; we don’t use this area unless the main lot gets filled.”

Driver: “Shut up, girly! I’ll park where ever the h*** I want!”

(This happens about five times, and I can’t do anything since I am only a high school student and they have cars that could run me over. After the last such incident, I’m back at my place, when a policeman on a motorcycle pulls up.)

Policeman: “Hiya there! I’m just on patrol tonight and thought I’d check and see how things are going. Any problems tonight?”

Me: *having a light-bulb moment* “Actually, sir…”

(Once I explained it to him, he very kindly stationed himself square in the way of the small lane that led to the overflow lot. After that, anytime a car drove up and tried to ignore me, he simply pointed, and they followed his lead. He stayed there until the first quarter, which is how long we stood directing traffic. As for the drivers who didn’t listen to me, he gave them tickets!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!