Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Absolutely Trucking Mad

, , | Right | March 4, 2019

(I worked for a while at a storage facility. One afternoon, a man comes storming in and cuts me off before I can greet him.)

Customer: “I can’t believe this place! I was here first thing in the morning with a moving truck and couldn’t even get in the gate! I’m better not be charged again for this truck!”

(I panic a little hearing this. Our facility is secured with an access gate with specific hours of operation. Our angriest customers are the ones who show up out of the blue, with no appointment, at six o’clock in the morning with a moving truck full of crap. All of these customers are greeted by a closed office and a locked gate.)

Me: “I’m so sorry for the confusion. Was your gate code not working here?”

Customer: “I don’t have a gate code! I’m here to drop off this truck!”

Me: “I’m sorry, do you currently rent storage here? Or were you looking to rent this morning?”

Customer: “I’m not renting here! I’m only here to drop off this d*** truck!”

Me: *beginning to think I understand, but still cannot believe what I’m hearing* “Were you…. dropping off items for a renter here? I’m not really following. That truck isn’t ours. That’s a [Competitor] truck.” *I gesture to the giant sign hanging behind me* “We are [Company]. I’m afraid we cannot keep their vehicle on our property. We don’t even offer a moving truck, to be honest.”

Customer: “Well, aren’t you guys all the same? This is the address my GPS led me to; this is where I’m leaving the truck!”

Me: “I’m afraid I cannot let you into the property, sir.”

Customer: “…”

Me: “…”

Customer: *storms out*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!