Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Absolutely Refuses To Queue

, , , , , | Right | January 25, 2022

A big movie has been released and all shows are sold out. We wait a few weeks for when it gets less busy and drive over in the middle of the week to really beat the crowds. When we get there, the queues are still huge, but we decide to wait.

We wait and wait. The queue moves slowly. I spot a family hovering near the front, trying to push in. Luckily, a security guard stops them. They lie about meeting people inside, then they lie about their daughter needing the toilet, and then they call the security guard and everyone else racist.

The guard does not budge an inch, much to the crowd’s delight.

Me: *To my girlfriend* “Hey, I wonder…”

Girlfriend: “What? Wonder what?”

Me: “Let me try something.”

I get out my phone, and yes, you can book online tickets for the next show; there are only a few left.

Me: “Come on.”

Girlfriend: “Wait, where are we going? We have to queue for tickets.”

I take her to the front and show the guard my phone, and he tries to let us in. The queue jumpers are still waiting by the door, and they aren’t having any of it.

Customer: “Why are you letting them in?”

Guard: “They already paid for their tickets online.”

Customer: “I demand you let us in. I want to pay online.”

Guard: “Then go to the website and do so.”

Customer: “But I don’t have a phone. This is discrimination!”

Guard: “Let go of the door or I will have to call the police.”

She did and we went inside. We made our way through the long line and crowd buying food. Even as we entered the cinema room, she was still stood outside by the doors, trying to get in.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!