Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Absent Versus Absent-Minded

| Learning | August 6, 2014

(I am going away with my family and missing a week of school. I approach all of my teachers ahead of time to ask for assignments I might be missing. Most of them give me work or sections of the textbook to study while I’m away, but the following happens with my geography teacher:)

Me: “Hi, Ms. [Teacher]. I’m going to be away next week, and I’m wondering if you have any readings or assignments I can take with me so I’m not behind when I get back?”

Teacher: “I don’t plan my lessons that far in advance! You’ll just have to get the work from me when you get back and do it then!”

Me: “Okay.”

(I come back after my vacation and approach my geography teacher to ask her for any work that I missed while I was away.)

Me: “Hi, Ms. [Teacher]. Can you tell me what work I missed while I was away last week?”

Teacher: “What?! You missed a huge assignment last week. We had the computer lab booked the whole week to work on it, and everyone’s already submitted it! You should have asked me for the work before you left!”

Me: *shocked* “But I did, and you told me you didn’t plan your lessons that far in advance and to get the work when I got back.”

Teacher: “I never would have said that! Don’t make up lies! You’re getting zero on the assignment, and next time get the work before you leave!”

(I was too shocked to do anything further about it, but figured it was no big deal, and I would still pass because I usually get good grades. It turned out that WAS a HUGE assignment, because I got 40% on my mid year grade! Thankfully, I was still able to pass the class at the end of the year, with a 62%: my lowest mark in all of high school.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!