Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

About To Get Berry Strange

, , , , | Right | May 7, 2020

I am trying to decide which yogurt I want to buy. A woman comes up to me and hands me a container of yogurt, asking me a question about it. Of course, I apologize and explain that I don’t work in the store. She apparently doesn’t want any excuses, so I try to help as best as I can. I ask her what her question was again, since I didn’t hear her the first time. 

Customer: “Ugh, you workers are all the same. I said, do you know if this yogurt has fruit on the bottom? I don’t like yogurt with fruit on the bottom.”

She hands me the cup. It is clearly labeled “caramel spice cake” flavor, which I am safely going to assume does not have fruit on the bottom. 

Me: “Well, ma’am, that cup of yogurt is a cake flavor, so I don’t think it has fruit on the bottom.” 

Customer: “I didn’t ask what flavor it was! Just answer my question!” 

Me: “Honestly, ma’am, I don’t think it does.” 

Customer: “You don’t think? Give me a yes or no answer!” 

I pause for a moment, wondering how stupid this woman might actually be, and then the demon in me slips out. I just can’t help myself. 

Me: “Yes, ma’am, this yogurt has blackberries on the bottom of it.”

Customer: “Ugh! I hate berries. And how difficult was it to give me a solid answer? God, this store needs to not hire people who don’t understand basic English.” 

She put the yogurt back on the shelf and walked away. Thinking I had had my fun for the day, I continued shopping. As I was checking out, the freaking woman reappeared with the store manager, complaining loudly to him that I needed to be fired for not speaking English. AS I WAS CHECKING OUT. For the record, I’m also a very pale redhead from Massachusetts. 

The manager looked at me and then back to the woman before wishing me a pleasant day and walking off, much to the bewildered woman’s shock.

Honestly, I think I’ll shop there more, simply to run into this snot again!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!