Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

About To Bowl Her Eyes Out

, , , , | Right | November 4, 2022

I work at a burger place that offers a burger bowl option on the menu; it’s pretty popular. I get a customer who recently went to a chain restaurant and tried their burger bowl, and when she saw we offered one as well, she ordered it. Her husband and daughter ordered something else.

About thirty minutes after she ate 90% of it, she came back angry.

Customer: “This is nothing like the one they serve at [Chain Restaurant]! I want my money back! And a free meal!”

Manager: “We’re not affiliated with [Chain Restaurant] in any way. We’ll gladly give you a refund, but we’ll have to take your food back, and we won’t give you anything for free.”

Customer: *Fuming* “I want to speak to the manager!”

Manager: “I am the manager.”

She flipped out, walked out, brought the car around, and waited there for another hour until her husband and daughter were done with their food. Her husband came up to us.

Customer’s Husband: “I’d like to apologize for my wife’s behavior. There really is no excuse.”

They were so pleasant and understanding that (with the husband’s permission) we gave him and his daughter a small free ice cream. His wife saw the whole thing and came back in, grabbed their ice creams, threw them, and started screaming.

Customer: “You shouldn’t give people free stuff because you don’t know if they have food allergies! Everything my family eats has to be run by me!”

She then pushed her family out the door and never came back.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!