Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Wonderful Word For A Wonderful Job

, , , , | Right | July 8, 2020

I work at a higher-end fast food restaurant. The food is all made fresh to order and delivered to the customer’s tables. About four months ago, we had a fire and had to close down. I am one of nine new hires brought in to replace staff that left during the closure.

We have been reopened now for three days, and it is my third day at work. Because of the closure, we have been EXTREMELY busy these past few days. My job today is to bring the food out to the customers.

I notice that [Customer #1] has been waiting a while for their meal.

Me: “Hi! Can I see your number, please? I noticed you’d been waiting a while and I’d like to check on your order for you.”

Customer #1: “Sure.” *Shows me her number*

Me: “Thanks. I’ll go check on that for you.”

I go to the set area and check on the order. Turns out it is just about done, and I return to the customer with her food.

Me: “Here’s your food. I’m so sorry about your wait. Is there anything else I can get you?”

Customer #1: “Actually, I noticed that you were bringing the cars in the drive-thru coupons with their meals. Would I be able to get a sheet of those? I don’t have any myself.”

Me: “Absolutely! I’ll go get those for you.”

I return to the main area and grab the coupons for the customer.

Me: “Here you are. Is everything tasting okay?”

Customer #1: “Yes, everything is great! Thank you so much.”

Me: “Awesome, well, let me know if there is anything else I can get for you. Enjoy!”

I turn to leave and walk past [Customer #2] and her husband at the next booth.

Customer #2: “Excuse me, young man.”

Me: “Yes, what can I do for you?”

Customer #2: “I just wanted to say that you are doing a wonderful job. You’re so friendly to everyone in the restaurant.”

Me: “Thank you! It’s really nothing, just common courtesy.”

Customer #2: “No, really, you’re perfect!”

I notice that my manager is standing right behind [Customer #2].

Me: *Nervous as heck* “I don’t think I’m quite perfect, but thank you so much for saying so.”

Customer #2: “No, really! You are.”

Me: “Well, I’m not going to argue with a customer. Thank you again. Is there anything else I can get for you today?”

Customer #2: “No, thank you. I just wanted to tell you you’re doing a wonderful job.”

Me: “Thank you very much. Enjoy the rest of your evening.”

Made my day! I love my job, and I love having such loyal customers! I had a smile plastered on my face for the rest of my seven-hour shift!


This story is included in our Feel-Good roundup for July 2020!

Read the next Feel-Good Story here!

Read the July 2020 Feel-Good roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!