Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Weakend Weekend

, , , , | Working | August 10, 2018

(I start at a new company and instantly find an issue with one of women that works there. She is difficult and aggressive to everyone; she tries to run my team and makes ridiculous expectations. After working there a while, I am told that she wants my job, but was given another one when it was made clear that she wasn’t capable. Her demands of my team and me get more and more ridiculous, until one day:)

Worker: “Have you done that report?”

Me: “Me? No, have you seen how hectic it has been?!”

Worker: “Well, I need it!”

Me: “Sorry, I’m already late leaving. I can help you out first thing Monday.”

(I start to pack my things away.)

Worker: “Take your laptop home.”

Me: “What?”

Worker: “Take your laptop home; you can do it this weekend.”

(I stare at her for a moment; she is nether my boss nor my superior.)

Me: “No.”

Worker: “What?”

Me: “I said no, I’m not doing it.”

Worker: “I need it.” *pause* “I will have to speak to [My Boss].”

Me: “Fine, please do. I won’t be here when you get back.”

(I have a terrible weekend, fearful of what my boss will say. I keep an eye on my phone expecting the worst. I come back to work on Monday.)

Me: “Hey, [Boss], anything for me?”

Boss: “Oh, hey, [My Name]! Oh, you won’t believe it; [Worker] wanted me to force you to work this weekend!”

Me: “I know… So, what do you think?”

Boss: “I told her to f*** off!”

(It was the first and last time I heard him swear, but after that she never bothered me again!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!