Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Waste Of Time, And Not Even A Fun One

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: DeeCl0wn | July 19, 2022

I take a phone call at my job, a restaurant that serves pizzas and other Italian bites.

Me: “Thank you for calling [Restaurant]. My name is—”

Customer: *Cutting me off rudely* “I want your pizza that has [description].”

Me: “We don’t serve any pizzas like that. Perhaps you’re thinking of our bruschetta?”

Customer: “No, no, no. You have a pizza like that!”

Even though we’ve had the same menu for years now, I suggest:

Me: “Perhaps it’s from an old menu? Or maybe it was a monthly special.”

Customer: “Well, I find it hard to believe that you’ve changed your menu within the past couple of weeks. I know I’ve had that pizza there.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I’m positive that we don’t have that pizza.”

Customer: “Are you new?”

Before I can even answer, the customer cuts me off yet again.

Customer: “Yeah, yeah, you’re new to this. Give me your manager. This is ridiculous!”

Her tone and belittling attitude make me lose most of my patience.

Me: “Ma’am, I have worked here for almost a year and have been a manager for a majority of that time. I promise you that we have no pizza like that, never have, not even as a test bake just for staff, so can I help you with anything else or are we just gonna argue?”

I hear her take a breath in, start to kick off again, and then cut herself off this time.

Customer: “Wait, did you say this was [Restaurant]?”

Me: “Yes. Yes, I did.”

Customer: “Oh, I meant to call [Pizza Place Down The Street]!

Me: “Yeah, you’ve got the wrong number. You must be new to this.”

I immediately got hung up on.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!