Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Wally With The Wallets

| Right | February 16, 2013

(I’m a customer in line at the checkout counter, the third in line behind another customer whose items have already been scanned. This store has a rewards card, meaning you get a discount by using it and if not you pay full price. The woman doesn’t have the card with her.)

Customer: “I am not about to spend full price when you know I have a card with you! Look it up in the computer.”

Cashier: “Ma’am, I can’t. The cards are free and aren’t name-assigned.”

Customer: “LOOK. IT. UP.”

(For about five minutes this is the exchange, with the woman clearly convinced their system is more advanced than it really is.)

Cashier: “Ma’am, please… there’s a line behind you. I have to wait on these people but I’ll be glad to call the manager over and let him talk to you.”

Customer: “Well, fine… take the man right here and then we’ll continue talking.”

(Much to our relief, the manager finally arrives.)

Manager: “So, what seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “I don’t have my card with me and this dumb b**** of a cashier won’t look me up in the system.”

Manager: “You didn’t fill out any paperwork or give a name or email address when you got that card, did you?”

Customer: “No.”

Manager: “Then how are we supposed to look it up in the system? There’s no information attached to your card.”

Customer: “Well, I shouldn’t be expected to carry my wallet everywhere I go just to wave these stupid cards around! ”

Manager:” Ma’am… isn’t that your wallet in your hand?”

Customer: “Yes, but this is my wallet that holds my money and my credit cards! I don’t carry all that other s*** in this one!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!