Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Very Loud Arrival

| Friendly | November 10, 2015

(My friend and I arrive at the airport to find that our flight is going to be delayed two hours, but the check-in lady tells us there is a flight leaving in ten minutes and we could jump on that one. I text my other friend who is going to pick us up at the airport to let him know the change of flights as we’re running to the gate. I also have a very close relationship with my mum. We finally land and head towards the luggage pick-up. This happens as we’re going down the escalator.)

Friend: “I will be so happy to sleep in my own bed”

Me: “Oh, for sure.” *spots other friend* “Hey there’s [Other Friend].” *waves*

(I then spot my mum and squeal with happiness scaring the ladies behind us.)

Me: “MUM!”

(I run down the rest of the steps and almost crash-tackle my mum.)

Mum: “[Other Friend] rang me and told about your flight changes and asked me if I wanted to come with him to pick you up.”

(I turn around a give my other friend a massive hug. As the two ladies I scared pass us I overhear one of them:)

Lady: “Wow! I wish my kids were that happy to see me!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!