Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Very Close Knit Community

| Right | February 4, 2014

(Occasionally customers bring in presents for the staff to show their appreciation. Normally it is cookies or flowers from their yards. Some of the newer staff are still getting used to this generosity. One afternoon in mid-November a woman brings in something different.)

Customer: “Pick one.” *lifts a large, clear garbage bag full of brightly colored knit scarves onto the counter*

Me: “Oh, wow. What is the occasion?”

Customer: “It’s the holidays! I made all of these and I want to share them!”

Me: “Are you sure? That’s very thoughtful! You’re a much more prolific knitter than I am.” *carefully removes a scarf from the bag*

Customer: *quickly moves to my coworker at an adjacent desk* “Here! Pick one! Merry Christmas!”

Coworker: *looks up startled*

(I shrug, smile, and go into the workroom to tell the other staff what is going on.)

Coworker: “Thank you. That’s very sweet.” *gingerly picks a scarf*

(The customer manages to find every staff member in the building and give them a scarf. She leaves immediately afterward.)

Coworker: “So, uh, do you guys all know her? Does she do this every year?”

Me: “I have… never seen that woman before in my life.”


This story is part of our Christmas 2023 roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

25 Funny Stories About Christmas Eve And Customers To Count Down To Midnight To…

 

Read the first Christmas 2023 roundup story!

Read the Christmas 2023 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!