Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Truly Unmatched Level Of Audacity

, , , , , , | Working | CREDIT: Aiku | May 26, 2023

I worked with a young woman who only got her job — which was specially made for her — because her dad was golfing buddies with our CEO.

[Coworker] regularly blamed her team for her numerous mistakes and took all the credit for their hard work.

I used to do trade shows, and after the fall season, I would be back in the office and create a comprehensive report on the results of the shows, normally fifteen-plus pages. The Veeps always wanted paper reports, not attachments, so I normally printed them out and distributed them personally to the staff.

I handed [Coworker] her copy as we passed in the corridor. Then, I watched in sheer amazement as she marched straight into the CEO’s office and said, I kid you not:

Coworker: “Here, [CEO]. I just put this together for you.”

Stunning. The report was all about trade shows, and she wasn’t even in the same department!

Cue the revenge. I marched in there right after her.

Me: “Oh, [Coworker], I just realized that my report has some numerical errors. Let me have it back and I’ll get you a revised one.”

I said it all while staring at the CEO with a slightly raised eyebrow.

As I left, I heard the most wonderful words from the CEO:

CEO: “[My Name], would you please close the door as you leave?”

[Coworker] came out about five minutes later looking like a ripe tomato. I couldn’t resist asking:

Me: “How was your little tête-à-tête with our boss?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!