Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A True Toy Story

| Working | November 7, 2013

(I’ve just been hired at a toy store, along with a whole slew of other new employees. It is our first day, and the manager is conducting an orientation which is supposed to take four hours.)

Manager: “…and that concludes our orientation. Are there any questions?”

(One of the new hires raises his hand.)

Manager: “Yes?”

New Hire: “Are we really done?”

Manager: “Yes, why?”

New Hire: “Because there’s still over an hour left.”

Manager: “Oh, goodness, you’re actually right. Wow, I usually never finish my orientations that fast!”

New Hire: “So, what do we do now?”

Manager: “That’s a really good question. Normally, I would have you guys started on your training, but there isn’t enough time for that, nor have we sorted out your departments yet.”

New Hire: “CAN WE PLAY WITH THE TOYS!?”

(The other new hires roar in laughter, while the manager ponders about this.)

Manager: *sighs* “Yes, you can play with the toys.”

(For the following hour, all the new employees, aged anywhere between 16 and 25, spent the rest of their shift playing with toys, stuffed animals, bicycles, skateboards, and video games. And we got paid for this!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!