Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Touching Story But Not That Way, Part 2

, , , , | Right | May 19, 2023

I work at my university’s tech help desk. An elderly gentleman walks up to the desk one day with a newly bought iPhone.

Customer: “I want you to be here in case I need you.”

He fiddled with the setup process. I went back to my usual duties as I saw him attempt to type in his email address on the iPhone display keyboard. Instead of typing with two thumbs, he subscribed to the method of placing his index finger on a random letter, then sliding it slowly over to the letter he wanted. He couldn’t quite get the hang of lifting his index finger at the right moment, resulting in many sighs and harrumphs of frustration.

Ten minutes later, almost to the point of yelling, this fine gentleman proceeded to pull a mini Phillips screwdriver out of his pocket, grip the handle in his hand like a javelin, and ready his arm to poke out the individual letters of his AOL email address. 

I quickly intervened before he destroyed his ten-minutes-old, very expensive purchase.

Related:
A Touching Story But Not That Way

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!