Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Thick Slice Of Retail Life

, , | Right | September 14, 2018

(This takes place in a deli in a grocery store. It’s very common for customers to only ask for two to five slices of meat if they just want enough to make a sandwich.)

Customer: “I’d like four slices, kind of thick, of the [Brand] turkey.”

Me: “Sure thing.”

(I slice a piece of the turkey and show it to her to make sure the thickness is okay.)

Customer: “Yeah, that’s fine.”

(I finish and tag the turkey, and the price comes out to $3.57. The customer takes the turkey, thanks me, and walks away. About half an hour later, the same customer walks up to the deli again without her cart or meat.)

Customer: “I had to return the turkey; I don’t understand why it was so expensive.”

Me: “Uh… Okay, would you like something else?”

(I’m a little confused since she saw the price before she took the turkey.)

Customer: “I just don’t understand why the turkey was so expensive. I got it yesterday and it was only $2!”

Me: “Well, it could have been how thick it was cut.”

Customer: “Okay, can you cut it a little thinner?”

(So, I cut her four slices of the same turkey, thinner, and the price is around two dollars.)

Customer: “Okay, add a couple more slices.”

(I add two more slices.)

Customer: “No, no, no, that’s too expensive again!”

Me: “But you just told me to add two more slices.”

Customer: “It’s not for me; I’m not trying to get in trouble again.”

(I take a slice off and tag it, and she thanks me and walks away.)

Next Customer: “Wow, I promise I won’t be that difficult!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!