Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Thick Slice Of Humble Pie, Part 2

| Right | July 10, 2013

(I’m working at the cash register of a pizza place. A customer storms in and demands his pizza.)

Me: “Sorry, sir, it seems I don’t have anything in here by that name or phone number. Are you sure you called the right store?”

Customer: “YES! The person who took my order refused to honor this coupon, and so I hung up on them!”

Me: “Well, sir, that’s probably why it isn’t in here. Should I place a new order?”

Customer: “Fine! But I want it delivered to my house!”

(The customer proceeds to place the order, as more customers are lining up and watching the spectacle. I read him the final total.)

Customer: “That’s not the total! What is wrong with you people?! Can’t anyone do math? It says here I get two pizzas for $11.95.”

Me: “Actually sir, it’s two pizzas for $11.95 each. Do you still want to place the order?”

(Everyone is watching at this point. The customer throws the coupon at me.)

Customer: “WHAT DOES THIS SAY?”

Me: “Two pizzas for $11.95 each, no limit, expires [date].”

(The customer’s tail is between his legs, and he’s red with embarrassment. With an entire crowd watching, he reluctantly mumbles and pays the bill.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!