Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Testing Set Of Circumstances

| Related | March 19, 2015

(My sister and I are taking a special exam and have arrived at the office early. Since we have lots of time before our appointments, we go to the grocery store across the street to get a snack. As we start to cross the parking lot, I realize I left something in the car, so I go back to get it. I return and start to cross to where my sister is waiting. I make sure to look both ways for cars, but then a truck comes careening around the corner and completely blows through the parking lot, not even stopping for the crosswalk. I have to jump back and barely avoid getting hit. My sister is understandably concerned when I join her.)

Sister: “Oh, my goodness, [My Name], are you okay??”

Me: “Yeah, thanks. Man, I would have been so mad if he had hit me, though; do you know how long I’ve been studying for this test?”

Sister: “…I think you’re worrying about the wrong thing.”

Me: “I would have wasted the past month studying for a test I never had to take! Do you know how disappointed I would be?”

Sister: *facepalm*

(And yes, I did pass my test!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!