Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Taxing Interview

| Right | April 15, 2013

(I’m supposed to be doing interviews for a new babysitter within the hour. I quickly run out to the local supermarket to pick up a few supplies, such as biscuits and coffee for the interviewees. There is a very long line. It’s my turn to be rung up, when another customer approaches me.)

Other Customer: “Hi, sorry, but can I just skip the queue in front of you? I’ve got a very important meeting soon.”

Me: “Sorry, but I’m in a bit of a rush myself you see, I—”

Other Customer: “Now you listen here you ungrateful b****! You are not in as much of a rush as me! I have a very important meeting soon! Do you know what that means? It means I have the opportunity to get a job, unlike you, you lazy b****! You probably just live off of benefits; wasting tax-payer’s money, buying s*** that you don’t even deserve! I have a job opportunity that you will never have!”

Employee: “Excuse me, miss; I’m going to have to ask you to leave right now!”

Other Customer: “I will not leave! Kick her out; she’s the one wasting our taxes!”

(Security escorts her out.)

Me: “Thank you! What a b****!”

Employee: “Tell me about it! Are you okay?”

Me: “Yes, I’m fine thanks!”

(I return home half an hour later, just 10 minutes before my first interviewee is due. Lo and behold, it turns out to be the rude customer from the shop. It turns out that the important meeting she had was with me. Not surprisingly, she didn’t get the job.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!