Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Taxing Customer, Part 3

, , , | Right | September 17, 2020

A cashier calls for an available manager to the register. I’m one of the three available managers on duty, so I walk up and ask what I can help with.

Cashier: “We have, um, a little problem.”

Customer: “No, we don’t. He just doesn’t understand, and you probably won’t, either, that I don’t have to pay tax because of agricultural reasons.”

Me: “Yes, sir, I understand. Do you have a tax-exempt account with us? If not, we can set you up if you have a tax ID number with you.”

Customer: “No, I don’t have to have any of that. I don’t have to pay tax.”

Me: “In order to set you up—”

Customer: “You must not be a manager, then; get me a real f****** manager.”

Me: “Okay, sir, I will get my store manager; she will tell you the same thing—”

Customer: “No, you’re just a liar. You’re not a f****** manager.”

Me: “Okay, I’m sorry you feel that way; let me get her.”

I went and got the store manager. She told the customer the same thing I had, and he told us we were wrong and we would find out when he called corporate. He bought his items and paid tax, and we loaded his items, and he acted all nice and said he wouldn’t have had to give us a hard time if we would’ve just listened and done it his way.

Related:
A Taxing Customer, Part 2
A Taxing Customer

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!