Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Tale Of Two Stores

, , , , | Right | March 29, 2011

(I sometimes cover shifts in another store in our region. A customer had come in on one of my shifts at the other store. She was mad because we didn’t stock her size in a pair of pants and I had been unable to find another pair in our stock room. She now comes into my normal store the next day.)

Customer: “Do you have these pants in [size]?”

Me: “I can look it up in our system for you.”

Customer: “That’s what the girl at [other store] did. She was so rude and lazy!”

Me: “Was she?”

Customer: “Yes! She said she had them, and then couldn’t find them. She was a real cow.”

Me: “Actually, ma’am, our system is often wrong. I did the best I could to find the pants for you the other day. I’m sorry that you feel that way.”

(The customer then realizes who she’s talking to. She is speechless.)

Me: “Unfortunately, we don’t carry the pants in [size] in this particular store either. So sorry I couldn’t find them again.”

(The customer leaves without a word.)


This story is part of the Lying-Customers-Getting-Caught roundup!

Read the next Lying-Customers-Getting-Caught roundup story!

Read the Lying-Customers-Getting-Caught roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!