Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Sweet Bar Of Bad Parenting

, , , , | Right | October 7, 2019

(A young girl around six comes in and buys a chocolate bar. Two minutes later, an angry woman storms up to the counter.)

Customer: *hands me chocolate bar* “I need to return this.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, we don’t take returns or exchanges on food products.”

Customer: “Why the h*** not? My daughter just came in here to get some food and you let her buy chocolate? What, you think she’s old enough to make a good decision to buy real food?”

(I continue to explain to her why we don’t accept returns/exchanges on food products. The customer gets progressively louder until my manager comes out.)

Manager: “What’s the problem?”

Customer: “This girl won’t let me exchange this! She let my daughter buy this candy bar instead of making her get real food!”

Manager: “Ma’am, maybe next time instead of expecting us to take care of your child you should escort her inside and do so yourself. Have a nice day.”

(The customer left in a huff, mumbling about “ridiculous rules.”)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!