Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Swapping Standard

| Working | November 18, 2014

(The office has an attractive young female technician who uses her looks to get whatever she pleases (chocolate, tea, coffee, etc.) by men desperate to get her attention. She has now fluttered her eyelashes enough to get the whole office rearranged and a door blocked off so that she can sit on her computer doing nothing without being seen. It seems only my boss and I are unaffected by this flirting.)

Me: “Hey, boss, what do you think about this office move?”

Boss: “I see they did it when I wasn’t here, so I wouldn’t stop it happening.”

Me: “You aren’t going to say anything?”

Boss: “Apart for [Female Colleague] not doing anything, everyone seems happy; I’m not going to move everyone around for no reason.”

Me: “Well, to be honest, I have been saying that I need to move for a while.”

Boss: *leaning forwards* “Go on.”

Me: “Well, you know how I do all the financial, sickness, and pay evaluations for the team? I do those with my computer facing the door. If I’m not careful everybody and anybody can see confidential private information.”

Boss: “You’re right, of course. Hang on…”

(He stands up walks to the door and shouts.)

Boss: “Hey, [Female Colleague]!”

Female Colleague: *looking up from her phone* “Yeah?”

Boss: “You and [My Name] swap places. No arguments.”

(We swapped and she sulked for a month!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!