Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Supersized Jerk

, , , | Right | October 29, 2021

Many years ago there was a “rule” that if the cashier didn’t ask if you wanted to upgrade your meal to a supersize, the upgrade was free. After the release of the movie by the same name, the restaurant stopped offering the upgraded option. Even saying the word “supersize” was met with glares by upper management. A few weeks after this stopped, a man came to my register.

Me: “Hi, how—”

Customer: “Gimme the [Burger Meal] and a soda.”

Me: “Okay, and what size?”

Customer: “What size? That’s how you ask?”

Me: “Sir?”

Customer: *Sigh* “Fine. A large.”

Me: “Okay, anything else?”

Customer: “Nope.”

Me: “So, your total is—”

Customer: *Laughing* “Ahh! You f***** up now!”

Me: “Sir?”

Customer: “You didn’t ask if I wanted to supersize it.”

Me: “Oh! I’m sorry, we don’t offer that anymore.”

Customer: “Bulls***. Get your manager.”

I turn to the register beside me.

Me: “[Manager], this customer wants to talk to you.”

Manager: “I heard. I’m sorry, sir, but we don’t offer that deal anymore.”

Customer: “Yes, you do. I saw it on TV.”

Manager: “It’s been discontinued for several weeks now.”

Customer: *Screaming* “Give me the f****** meal!”

Manager: “Sir. We do not offer that meal option anymore. You cannot bully your way into getting something that does not exist.”

Customer: “Cancel my order. You’ll be hearing from my lawyer.”

Manager: “Okay, sir, the exit is directly behind you. Have a nice day.”

The man stood there for a moment longer, looking back and forth between the two of us. Finally, he stormed out, knocking several other customers out of his way.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!