Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Supermarket Full Of Super Speeders

, , , , , | Working | August 21, 2022

I’m disabled and use walking aids. I don’t need them when I’m in a supermarket as I can lean on the trolley, but I walk fairly slowly. I’m shopping in my usual supermarket but they’ve moved things around and I can’t find the dried fruit. I spot a worker stocking the shelves.

Me: “Can you tell me where the raisins are?”

Worker #1: “I’ll show you; follow me.”

She takes off at a fairly quick pace, disappears down the aisle, and turns at the end. By the time I get there, she’s vanished. I spot another worker.

Me: “Hi, I’m looking for raisins.”

Worker #2: “Oh, we’ve moved them; come with me.”

Me: “Wait, if you just tell me—”

Too late. He’s headed off into the crowded supermarket, and I lose sight of him almost immediately. I’m pretty amused at this point and carry on shopping until I find a third worker.

Me: “Hi. I’m looking for something.”

Worker #3: “Okay, what can I help you with?”

Me: “Firstly, I can’t walk fast, so please, can you just tell me where to look? I won’t be able to follow you.”

Worker #3: “Um, okay, what are you looking for?”

Me: “Raisins.”

Worker #3: “Right this way!”

Me:Wait! Just tell me!”

Worker #3: “I can walk slowly; I’ll show you.”

Me: “Okay, look, you’re the third person I’ve asked. I can read the aisle numbers, and I’ve got at least half a brain cell. Can you please just give me the aisle number and tell me roughly where they are? I’ll find them.”

Worker #3: “Uh, yeah, aisle eleven, about halfway down.”

Me: “Thank you!”

I did find the raisins, and I also found the first two workers. They were looking for me because when they got to the raisins and turned to show me, for some strange reason, I wasn’t there.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!