Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Sunny Disposition Vs. Unyielding Opposition

, , , , , | Right | November 20, 2013

Me: “Thank you for calling [Company]. [My Name] speaking. How can I help you?”

Caller: “Well, [MY NAME], why the f*** isn’t my TV working?”

Me: “I have no idea. Let’s get a look at you account and see. Account number or phone number, please?”

Caller: *gives info* “Took long enough to get through. I waited here for over an hour!”

Me: “Thanks for the account info. Sorry about the long waits; we had some challenges earlier with certain equipment. Can you tell me what is happening on the screen of your TV when your PVR is on?”

Caller: “Wait, are you qualified for this?”

Me: “Yes, I am absolutely trained and ready to help out with your issue. It is actually a pretty easy fix, likely.”

Caller: “Are you sure you don’t need to transfer me to Tech?”

Me: “No, I am Tech.”

Caller: “A chick tech? Well, okay, but I hate wasting my time with people like you. It’s frozen… some grey and blue boxes.”

Me: “Thanks for the info. It is an easy fix like I suspected. Can you please disconnect the power cord from the PVR for about 15 seconds, and then plug it back in?”

Caller: “I’ve already done that a couple times, you know, because I’m not an idiot!”

Me: “Oh, okay. Well, let’s try it again. Let me know when it is unplugged and I’ll check some things on my end while it is unplugged.”

Caller: “Seriously?” *sighs* “Okay. It’s unplugged.”

(I check his connection, and notice he’s still online.)

Me: “Oh, that’s weird. It seems like it is still online on my end. Are all of the lights off of the front of the box?”

Caller: “No.”

Me: “Oh, then it seems like you probably accidentally pulled the HDMI cord, not the power. Pull the power at the very right hand edge.”

(At this, I see the box go off.)

Me: “Awesome, thanks! Plug it back in now and let me know when the time shows.”

Caller: “Okay, the time is showing.”

Me: “Great! Let’s power it back on and see if everything is working. It all looks good on my end.”

Caller: “Yeah, it seems to be working.”

Me: “Awesome! Anything else I can help with tonight?”

Caller: “God, I f***ing hate when you you people say that! There are lots of things in my life I need help with, you stupid b****!”

Me: “Are any of those things issues with your cable or Internet service?”

Caller: “No.”

Me: “Then I guess I’ve done my job! Thanks!” *click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!