Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Sudden Shift In Expectations

| Working | October 17, 2016

(It is the late morning and I am scheduled for a shift in the afternoon when I get a call from the manager.)

Manager: “Hey, [My Name], we don’t have many reservations today and expect it to be slow so we are cutting you. Sorry.”

(Now having the day off I go meet up with some friends on the other side of town. About 10 minutes before my shift was supposed to start I get another call.)

Manager: “[Coworker] called in sick so we will need you here after all.”

Me: “That’s fine but I’m on the other side of town. I need to get home to change into my uniform so I won’t be able to be in for about an hour.”

Manager: “Your shift starts in ten minutes! You need to be here when you are scheduled! What the h*** are you doing across town when your shift is about to start?”

Me: “You cut me from the schedule so I was under the impression I wasn’t working until just now.”

Manager: “You’d better be here EXACTLY when the schedule says you need to be!” *hangs-up*

(I raced home to change and was able to get there within 45 minutes and ended up getting written up for being late.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!