Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Stroll Among The Aisles

, , , , , | Legal | July 19, 2018

(Several weeks ago, security spotted a woman hiding items under her toddler’s stroller, then leaving the store. They were unable to catch up with her, but posted a picture of her as someone to watch out for. She has just entered the store with the stroller. Almost immediately she starts hiding items under it. Security starts carefully monitoring her on the cameras while someone shadows her. After a few minutes, she starts heading for the door.)

Security: “Excuse me, I’m going to have to ask you to step aside. We would like you to speak with the poli– Hey!”

(The woman takes off running through the second set of doors and across the parking lot. After a moment, the security guy talks over the walkie talkie.)

Security: “Uh, call police in. We have an issue. She left the stroller.”

Office: “So, you have the stolen goods?”

Security: “Yes, but… the baby is still in the stroller.”

(Police responded quickly, and the child was taken by a social worker. Five hours later, the thief showed back up with an older woman and sheepishly asked if we could give her her child back. Instead, she was arrested. The stolen goods were less than $100, so the theft charge was much less significant than the charge for abandoning her child.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!