Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Storm Of Unreasonableness

| Right | July 16, 2015

(I work for a large ISP taking calls for the whole country. This happens right before one of the big winter storms of the year hits. A customer calls in to verify their appointment.)

Customer: “Yes, I have an appointment for tomorrow and with the snow coming I wanted to know when it would be canceled.”

Me: “Of course, ma’am. Let me pull things up and make sure your appointment is still scheduled for tomorrow. I see no reason why it wouldn’t be since we haven’t received any notices about the storm canceling appointments. ”

(I pull up and verify her account. The appointment is there for the next morning as it should be.)

Me: “Ma’am, your appointment is still scheduled so we do plan to be out there in the morning to install your services.”

Customer: “How will they let me know when it is cancelled?”

(This strikes me as odd because she doesn’t “if” but “when.” She seems very adamant that the appointment will be canceled.)

Me: “If the storm gets bad enough, we will call you. It rarely happens, though, and as I said before we’ve received no notifications that it will.”

Customer: “I have to be in to work tomorrow so I need to know when it will be canceled!”

Me: “It will only be canceled if the storm gets bad enough.”

Customer: “Yes! And when will that be?”

Me: *flabbergasted* “I don’t know, ma’am. Whenever the storm gets bad enough.”

Customer: “Well, you’re no help!” *hangs up*

(First time I’ve ever heard of someone expecting a psychic weather man for the customer service rep!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!