Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Statement From Not Always Right

| Right | June 2, 2020

At NAR, we have always tried to provide a safe space for you, our readers, as a daily respite from the stress that many of you encounter. Like you, we are all experiencing fear, anger, and frustration at what is happening in the world. However, there are days where we feel we can not be silent.

The nature of the stories we tell — and the values we stand for — revolve around one thing: justice. This means fighting racism, bigotry, hate, discrimination, violence, and inequality. By telling these stories, even in a light-hearted manner, we are showing how widespread the attacks on these values are, and this has never been more obvious.

The recent killings of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and so many others are a direct affront to our values. For the black community, it is sadly just the most recent chapter in the longstanding racial injustices they have endured.

The entire NAR team is heartbroken over the senseless loss of life and shares in the outrage being expressed across the world.

We will continue to emphasize stories that promote diversity, inclusion, and justice, now and forever, or at least for as long as it takes for these injustices to be a thing of the past.

Like so many have done in our stories, if you see racial injustice (or injustice of any kind), call it out. Spread the word far and wide that this is a real threat to our society, and that change is not achieved through silence. This is how we fight for a future that lives up to these values and ideals, so we never have to read a story about racism and injustice again.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!