Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Spoonful Of Encouragement Helps The Medicine Go Down

, , , , , , | Right | November 19, 2020

I’ve been running around all day trying to get all my shopping done. It’s warm and having to wear a mask doesn’t make the warm and humid weather any more bearable.

The last place I have to go is the pharmacy.

I step through the door, tired, sweaty, stressed out, and far too warm beneath my mask. Luckily, I’m the only customer, so I step up to the pharmacist and look into her eyes… and my brain freezes.

Me: “I… I am so sorry, but I totally forgot what the stuff I came here for is called.”

I manage to ramble. She just looks at me a little strangely.

Pharmacist: “Maybe you could just describe what you need it for?”

After some awkward descriptions and lots of genius guesswork from a very calm and patient pharmacist who dealt willingly with my nearly useless brain and interpreted my babbling and awkward explaining just right, as well as a very shameful payment process where I tried to pay with a library card and my ID before finally swiping my card, I’m the proud owner of some over-the-counter painkillers, some Medigel, and an ointment against sunburn. The pharmacist wishes me a good day.

Me: “I really wish you a good day, too! Thank you for putting up with me, and I hope your other customers are less stupid than me.”

The pharmacist smiles at me behind her plastic screen and replies:

Pharmacist: “If they are as nice as you, they can be as confused as they want. It was a pleasure to help you out.”

Dear Lady Pharmacist, queen of encouragement on bad days, you made my day. Thank you for being so patient.


This story is part of our Feel Good roundup for November 2020!

Read the next Feel Good roundup story!

Read the Feel Good roundup for November 2020!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!