Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Special Kind Of Jerk

, , , , | Right | February 14, 2020

(A customer has ordered a meal without onions, citing an onion allergy. Following procedures, everything that will be involved in the customer’s meal has been sanitised. Due to this, her meal taking a little longer than usual. The customer waits silently for a couple of minutes before coming up to the counter.)

Customer: “Excuse me, what is taking so long? I have a meeting in 20 minutes. I’m very busy!” 

Me: “I’m sorry about the wait. We’re making sure our utensils and surfaces are free of allergens.”

Customer: “What?” 

Me: “Your allergy. You were the lady who said you were allergic to onions?”

Customer: “I just said that to feel special. Can I get a refund? This is taking too long.” 

(As she finishes talking, the duty manager slams her food down on the table.)

Customer: “Oh, thank you… Can I get a discount?” 

Manager: “No. Get out!”

(The customer looks absolutely shocked and leaves, muttering about why we were so rude to her.)

Manager: “It’s b****es like her that put my son’s life at risk. If she comes back, you have my permission to throw every last onion we have at her.” *storms off*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!