Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Sloppy Copy Memory

, , , , , | Right | January 12, 2019

(I am the supervisor of the print center in my store but we do not have a separate phone number, so anyone calling in reaches the cashier who then lets me know I have a call. The cashier tells me over the radio that a customer is on the line for me and is already irate. She informs me she couldn’t really get a word in over him screaming at her.)

Me: “Thank you for holding. This is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: *basically screaming into the phone* “I was in your store a few days ago and had about ten black and white copies done. I just checked my credit card statement and it says you charged me over $60 for them. How can the cost so f****** much or are you just r******d?”

Me: *slightly taken aback* “Sir, I apologize if there was a mistake on the transaction. If possible, could you come back into the store so I can look up the receipt with your card and see what happened?”

Customer: *now even angrier* “You mean I have to come back to the store just to get this fixed?”

(The customer then begins to rant about calling his attorney and disputing the charge with his card’s company but I finally convince him it would be best for him to just come in and for me to look and see if the total was correct or if he needs a refund. A few hours later a man comes in obviously pissed off and I assume this is who I have been waiting for.)

Me: “Hello, sir, what can I do for you?”

Customer: *handing me his card* “Just make it quick will you; I have things to do!”

Me: “It won’t be more than a minute, sir.”

(I take his card and punch it into the system and find his receipt and sure enough he got a very small number of copies but his total over $60. I then look at the next line to see “Cashback $50”)

Me: “Sir, it appears you were charged correctly for the copies…”

Customer: *his facing getting very red* “BUT–”

Me: *I cut him off* “—and you also got $50 cash back, which brought your total to over $60.”

(He then ripped the card from my hand and walked out of the store without so much as a sorry. Part of me wishes that the reason he left so fast was because he was so embarrassed but something tells me he just really felt an apology wasn’t needed.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!