Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Slight Baby Bump In The Ordering Process  

, , , | Right | January 31, 2020

(I work for a wholesaler that you have to order merchandise from by catalog. The catalogs are old and very complicated; even my manager has a lot of trouble understanding them. Hence, we get a lot of problems with the order. Most customers are understanding of this. One day, I do my best with a pregnant customer who has ordered baby items, but the merchandiser writes back and says she has to order another item. I call the customer, who is very upset and slams the phone down in my ear. A few minutes later, the pregnant customer storms into our store and shouts at my coworker, who is in the middle of talking to another customer.)

Pregnant Customer: “WHAT DO YOU MEAN, I HAVE TO ORDER ANOTHER ITEM?! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THIS BEFORE I ORDERED IT?!”

Coworker: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I’m talking to this person. If you’ll wait—”

Pregnant Customer: *bellowing* “NO, I WON’T! NOW I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS TROUBLE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM WHEN YOU SHOULD’VE KNOWN THIS!” *to the other customers, who are staring at her in wide-eyed horror* “HEY, EVERYONE! DON’T SHOP HERE BECAUSE THESE F****** EMPLOYEES DON’T KNOW WHAT THEY’RE DOING! THEY’RE SOOO F****** STUPID!”

(My manager heard the commotion and tried to calm her down. The pregnant customer left in a huff, swearing to never come back and kicking an entire shelf down. A few weeks later, she returned with a calmer attitude and a brand-new baby and apologized for her behavior. We accepted her back, but I feel sorry for her newborn!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!